Apologies, but no results were found for the requested archive. Perhaps searching will help find a related post.
- Religious Liberty Bill Advanced by Iowa Senate Panel, Opponents Claim Law Would Hurt EconomyDES MOINES, Iowa -- An Iowa Senate panel has advanced a bill that seeks to protect the religious liberty of its residents, while opponents claim that if the proposal becomes law, it could hurt the state economy. According to the Des Moines Register, Senate Study Bill 3171, also known as the Religious Freedom Restoration Act […]
- Indiana Woman Charged With Feticide, Involuntary Manslaughter for Taking Meth While PregnantANDERSON, Ind. -- An Indiana woman has been charged with feticide and involuntary manslaughter after she allegedly took methamphetamine and other drugs while pregnant, which authorities state resulted in the child being stillborn. Kelli Leever-Driskel, 34, was officially charged on Wednesday following the December birth, and faces three to twenty years behind bars...
- California Man Who Fatally Stabbed Pastor Outside Home Pleads Guilty to MurderSALINAS, Calif. -- A California man who killed a pastor last year by stabbing him in the neck with a drywall saw blade has pleaded guilty to second-degree murder. Servando Silva, 39, entered the plea on Friday after a six-day trial in Monterey County Superior Court, and with the jury still deliberating. He also pleaded guilty to […]
- In the Wake of the Douglas High Massacre, Some Parents Ponder Homeschooling(Miami Herald) -- The images of young people crying in terror, filing out with their arms held high. In the wake of Wednesday’s massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, a lot of parents are wondering if homeschooling might be a safer option for their children. On Thursday, Twitter was filled with comments from terrified […]
- 13 Indian Christians Sentenced to 6 Months in Prison for Alleged ‘Forced Conversions’Mumbai (AsiaNews) -- A court in Madhya Pradesh has sentenced 13 Pentecostal Christians to six months in prison for alleged "forced conversions." The condemned include Balu Kesu and his wife Bhuri, both of whom are vision impaired. Their defense attorney, Kamlesh Patidar, tried to obtain a reduction in the penalty for their handicap, but the judges […]
- South Carolina Lawmakers Re-Introduce Bill That Would Protect Rights of Teachers to Join in Student-Led PrayersCOLUMBIA, S.C. -- Lawmakers in South Carolina have re-introduced a bill that would protect the rights of teachers to participate in student-led prayers in public schools. A second bill is also stated to be in the works that would allow teachers to lead prayers as well. A Parent University Forum was held at Savannah Grove Baptist Church […]
- UK Humanists Want Homosexual Issues Taught in Primary SchoolsPhoto Credit: Elias Minasi (The Christian Institute) -- A humanist campaign group wants four-year-olds to be taught about LGBT issues, and has branded religious views on sexuality “discriminatory.” Humanists UK, formerly known as the British Humanist Association, issued a statement backing government plans on new primary school relationships...
- ACLU Challenges Ohio Law Banning Murder of Down Syndrome Babies, Claims ‘Constitutional Right’ to AbortionCOLUMBUS, Ohio -- The American Civil Liberties Union of Ohio (ACLU), two local branches of Planned Parenthood and several other abortion facilities have filed a lawsuit to challenge a new Ohio law that prohibits mothers from killing their unborn child simply because he or she has been diagnosed with Down syndrome. "Plaintiffs challenge H.B. 214 […]
- Atheist Activist Group Wants Virginia Speaker to Stop Inviting Colleagues to Govt. Bible StudyPhoto Credit: Kirk Cox Facebook page RICHMOND, Va. -- One of the nation's most conspicuous professing atheist activist organizations has sent a letter to the speaker of the Virginia House of Delegates to request that he stop using the government email system to invite his colleagues to his weekly Bible study in the Pocahontas Building. The Wisconsin-based...
- A Day Prior to Parkland, Grandmother Foils Grandson’s Alleged School Shooting Plans(NBC News/Associated Press) -- Just a day before to the horrific school shooting in Florida that left 17 dead, a Washington state high school student’s grandmother handed police her grandson’s journal---which allegedly detailed plans for a mass shooting. Catherine Katsel-O’Connor called 911 on Tuesday in Everett, Washington, after she read her grandson...
- Religious Liberty Bill Advanced by Iowa Senate Panel, Opponents Claim Law Would Hurt Economy
Video link - Trafficked Children
from XPmissions and Justice
Malina works in Thailand with trafficked children & women - hear her share some of what is happening there and how you can be a part of it.
- Video link - Trafficked Children