Apologies, but no results were found for the requested archive. Perhaps searching will help find a related post.
- Canadian Woman Who Drowned Newborn Son Sentenced Only to Probation, No Jail TimePhoto Credit: Markus Knigge KAMLOOPS, B.C. — A Canadian woman who drowned her newborn son five years ago will not face any time behind bars, despite a judge calling her actions "abhorrent." Courtney Saul, 24, has been sentenced to two years probation by Judge Len Marchand since the girl did not have a prior criminal record and […]
- Ohio Bill Protecting Pastors Who Decline to Host, Officiate Same-Sex ‘Weddings’ Clears House CommitteeCOLUMBUS, Ohio -- An Ohio bill known as the "Pastor Protection Act" has cleared a state House committee, but it is not certain whether lawmakers have enough time to pass the legislation this year. H.B. 286, presented by Rep. Nino Vitale, R-Urbana, protects pastors from punishment in instances when they decline to officiate a wedding that is […]
- Planned Parenthood, ACLU File Suit to Challenge Abortion Laws in Three StatesThe abortion giant Planned Parenthood, the Center for Reproductive Rights and the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) have filed suit to challenge abortion laws in three states. The groups seek to strike down a North Carolina law banning abortion after 20 weeks (5 months), an Alaskan law preventing health centers from performing abortions past the […]
- The Night the Gospel Was Preached to Fidel CastroPhoto Credit: Vandrad (Evangelical Focus) -- Cuban revolutionary leader Fidel Castro has died at age 90. Fidel Castro was the last survivor of the Cold War, and probably one of the most important political personalities of the 20th century. He started his political career on January 1, 1959 after overthrowing the Batista regime. His influence […]
- Illinois Man Charged With Sexually Assaulting, Murdering Girl Waiting for Church BusOLNEY, Ill. -- An Illinois man has been arrested and charged with sexual assault and murder after he allegedly kidnapped and killed an eight-year-old girl who had been waiting outside for the church bus. Glen Ramey, 53, has been charged with first-degree murder and predatory sexual assault after the body of Sabrina Stauffenberg was found behind […]
- Canadian Man With Mental Illness Wants Right to Die: ‘Non-Existence Is Better Than This’WINDSOR, Ont. -- A Canadian man who struggles with dissociative depersonalization disorder, mood disorder and obsessive compulsive disorder, and who says he suffers debilitating pain, is seeking the right to die and is expressing his objection that a newly-passed assisted suicide law does not allow those with mental illness to end their life. "Non-existence is...
- Congressional Panel Refers Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast Investigation to Texas AG for Possible ProsecutionWASHINGTON -- A congressional panel has referred its investigation surrounding Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast to Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton for possible criminal prosecution. Rep. Mia Love, (R-Utah) outlined the development, among others, on the House floor on Thursday as she discussed information uncovered by the Select Panel on Infant Lives. “There is...
- Former U.K. Cabinet Member Says Sunday School Inspections Show Govt Sees Religion as ‘Problem’U.K. (Christian Institute) -- Proposals for Ofsted to inspect Sunday Schools illustrate that government ministers see religious faith as “a problem,” a former Cabinet minister has said. Labour MP Stephen Timms, a former chief secretary to the Treasury, made the comments while speaking at the release of a new report about faith-based charities. The...
- Federal Court Dismisses Effort to Have ‘In God We Trust’ Removed From U.S. CurrencyAKRON, Ohio -- A federal court has again dismissed an atheist's effort to have the phrase "In God We Trust" removed from U.S. currency. "Plaintiffs cannot demonstrate that the use of the motto on currency substantially burdens their religious exercise," Judge Benita Pearson, appointed to the bench by Barack Obama, ruled on Wednesday. “No reasonable viewer...
- ‘Fixer Upper’ Hosts Hammered for Attending Church That Holds to Biblical View of MarriageWACO, Texas -- Chip and Joanna Gaines, the hosts of the popular HGTV show "Fixer Upper," were placed under scrutiny this week by a news outlet that sought to make an issue of the church the couple attends and present a rhetorical question as to whether or not the Gaines' hold to the church's beliefs […]
- Canadian Woman Who Drowned Newborn Son Sentenced Only to Probation, No Jail Time
Video link - Trafficked Children
from XPmissions and Justice
Malina works in Thailand with trafficked children & women - hear her share some of what is happening there and how you can be a part of it.
- Video link - Trafficked Children